THERE IS NOTHING MORE UN-NEARVING, NOW-A DAYS, THEN FLYING, AND HAVING TO GO, THROUGH THE TSA SECURITY CHECK POINT! BUT TODAY IT IS A NECESSARY EVIL. BELOW ARE MY RECOMMENATIONS, TO MAKE YOUR TRIP AND EXPERIENCE EASIER.
FIRST AND FORMOST, I WISH TO TALK ABOUT THE TSA SECURITY STAFF! THE MAJORITY OF THEM, ARE HARD WORKING, DEDICATED AND PROFESSIONAL INDIVIDUALS. THEY DEAL WITH, TRYING TO PROTECT THE FLYING PUBLIC, TO KEEP THEM SAFE TO, REACH THEIR FINAL DESTINATION, IN A WORLD WERE PEOPLE WANT TO KILL US. THEY HAVE THEIR PROCEEDURES. REMEMBER: RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT! THEY ARE HUMAN BEINGS. TREAT THEM WITH DIGNITY. AS YOU WISH TO BE TREATED ! JAMIE LEE…………….
MY ADVICE AND RECOMMENDTIONS BELOW ARE FOR THE TRANSGENDERED INDIVIDUALS, GOING THROUGH THE PROCESS OF THE CHECK POINT.
ANY QUESTIONS OR FOR FUTHER ADVICE E-MAIL ME AT, email@example.com
FLYING FOR THE TRANSGENDERED PUBLIC:
1. Go on to TSA’s website and check for any updates, in reference to what you are allowed to take, and any changes, etc.
2. At any TSA check point there are the TSA Officers, listen to them, they are trained to get you through the process as easily as possible. Don’t argue with them, it is not their rules, they are just enforcing the mandates. As a Transgendered traveler, should you experience any type, of rude or disrespectful actions, ask to see a Supervisor at the Check point. If the Supervisor doesn’t solve your problem or is disrespectful to you as a person or being transgendered, ask for a manager!
3. Every Check point has complaint forms, if you have been treated unprofessionally, ask the Supervisor for one of these forms, fill it out and send it to TSA. They do listen!
4. Also they have forms that you can fill out, and compliment, the Officer or staff who treated you with dignity and respect in the process! Everyone likes a compliment for nice things. Plus it would help, TSA learn how to deal with us, as Transgendered people.
5. Unless it has changed, you are only allowed to carry through the Check point, 3.4 oz of any liquid. Girls this means in your “tits” also! Leave the “Bird Seed and Water filled Breasts at home. Silicone Breast forms I am unsure of?
Butt forms, and any other paraphernalia, including any strap-one, or sexual aids, PLACE, in the bag. Present it to the TSA Officer, tell them what is in it, so that, it can be inspected with dignity. You can even ask, that It be done in a private setting, away from the eyes of the traveling public.
7. Trust me, TSA officers and staff, have seen everything, they are only interested in processing you, doing their job, and going to the next passenger.
8. I suggest you get to the Airport, in advance, so you can go through the process easier. And if there is something you are not allowed to take, you have an opportunity to send it home!
9. YES, Girls, you can take hair rollers and curling irons along. NO ARISOL !!!
10. Should you have any questions, concerning what you want to take, call the Airport or TSA, at the Airport! And ask them!
My suggestions are valid. You don’t have to listen to me, but if you do, trust me your trip will be less stressful !
Remember Girls, you can be a “Bag of Chips and All That!” once you reach your destination!
Also, what anyone thinks about you! Is none of your business !!!!!!!
LASTLY! AS WE SPEAK, TSA IS BEING TRAINED, HOW TO TREAT US AS TRANSGENDERED INDIVIDUALS, WITH DIGNITY. GIVE THEM A CHANCE TO LEARN.
I FEEL YOU HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY, TO MAKE IT EASIER FOR OUR TRANSGENDERED “SISTERS” WHO FOLLOW YOU. YOU CAN MAKE THEIR EXPERIENCE NICER AND EASIER.
GIRLS, WHEN YOU APPROACH THE CHECK POINT, REMEMBER, SHOULDERS OUT! CHEST OUT! HOLD YOU HEAD HIGH AND WALK THROUGH WITH DIGNITY! MAKE US PROUD TO BE WHO WE ARE !!
JAMIE LEE -TRANSSEXUAL WOMAN