Facts are, I can’t look at a woman, and say, I don’t like who you are, and what you represent. I can’t look at a man, and say I don’t like who you are, and what you represent. I can’t look at any Religion, and say, I don’t like who you are, and what you represent. And, I can’t look at any Race, and say, I don’t like who you are, and what you represent! I especially can’t look at anyone in the Gay, Lesbian, Bi-Sexual, and Transgendered Community and say I don’t like who you are! And what you represent.
But the rules change with ME! People look at me as a Transsexual Woman, and say, “I don’t like you Jamie Lee, and what you represent!” And they expect me to change. When, I am who I have always been since birth, just now wearing different cloths.
One of the very first stories I wrote about myself, I said: “ OUR SEXUALITY HAS TO BE WITHOUT FAULT! IT MUST FUNCTION IN STRICT CONFORMITY WITH ALL CUSTOMS & LAWS! NO MATTER HOW ILLOGICAL THEY ARE AND HOW MUCH HYPOCRISY THEY MAY GIVE RISE!”
Thank you so very much for your, and everyone’s love and support. I will remain an optimist!
HERE ARE SOME OF THE RESPONSES I HAVE RECEIVED CONCERNING MY RECENT SITUATION:
1. I’m glad you’re moving on from here and you know I’m behind you all the way.
2, The mirror has turned to water. Swim now. You can do this. I have always had faith in you
3. Amen and amen
4. Oh my dear, dear, dear! You are strong! You are beautiful! You are a blessing! Please don’t call your family as “victims.” They love you! I don’t even know you, and I Love You!
5. Another thing, whoever has a mean or hateful comment to make does not deserve the PRIVILEGE of being part of your life or your families life!
6. My only problem in all of this My dear friend is that you are apologizing and wishing you could take this all back. Bullshit you owe no one an apology for being who you are, I for one am glad this happened, you have been dancing around these issues for too long now. We both knew that this was were we would both end up some day, and we both new that smaller minds would try to judge us in some corners of this grand parade we entered. You have not lost in this you have gained, so don’t be sorry, celebrate what you have just received by this untimely outing of your life long held secret. Any temporary bruising will soon give way to more peace of mind than you could ever imagine.
7. Oh, Jamie, ,I’m so sorry this happened the way it did. Can only pray that it is possibly a blessing, in disguise somehow. Maybe the responses will be one of love and support. We can only hope people think this is great and so true great if YOU know you and your family are enlightened enough to see you for the incredible human being that you are. You are Jamie Lee, my friend and I love you CHRIS FROM THE RAVEN
8. Read you on Rachel’s blog. Nice to meet you. I remember voicing a very strong opinion when they didn’t want Chaz to dance on that stupid show. We should all dance every day and always
9. I’m very familiar with those feelings of love and hate mixed together towards a father. And many of us… not just because of gender difficulties… wear a mask for years and years. I’ve been reading here in your blog after getting a recommendation from Rachel, and I do find your story moving. As I read different posts on your blog, I thought of my own story… and thought of quite a few things that I would like to tell you. But I know from experience, that people have to be ready to hear certain things… till they’re ready, even if it’s right for them… it doesn’t sound right. And I don’t know you that well. But I wish you success along your own personal path. It’s never too late, as long as we’re alive. And from what I’ve read, you already have many worth while accomplishments behind you.
OTHER COMMENTS ON MY BLOG SINCE IT’S CREATION:
1. What a beautiful thing for you to have the support of your family. You are very very lucky. There are so many people, in fact, probably the majority of people in the LGBT community are not so lucky. So many families are not supportive and cause people to hide their true selves and spend their lives in the shadows, its a sad situation that I hope in time acceptance will prevail over denial. This was a lovely post in tribute to them expressing your gratitude. The picture of the butterfly girl is amazing beautiful as well. well done!
2. I took the liberty of re-blogging your introduction. I hope it helps some people who don’t know about trans.
3. WOW, precisely what I was looking for, regards for putting up. “The only way of knowing a person is to love them without hope.” by Walter Benjamin.
4. You are an amazing woman Jamie Lee….the passion and motivation that you dedicate by way of your blog, I’m overwhelmed. No praise is worthy enough from me to you. ) xx
5. Very touching post my dear friend,never forget where I am when you want the love and comfort of a warm and loving friend.
6. I think this is great and so true
And to Chris from the RAVEN! I wish to say this to you……………………….!
Because, I must! We all learn from each other, by listening. You and I have had many conversations, and I am truly blessed to have you as a true friend in my life, as well as all the other beautiful people, that come to the “Raven” in New Hope. We all have one thing in common! Lack of human freedom. Why? Because we are always being cruelly judged by Society.
And, as some of my videos express! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Society will go on forever. We will not! NOW! is the time for all of us in the GLBT Community to stand up, applaud ourselves, unite, and be proud of who we are…………………………And scream at the TOP of our lungs- ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !!!!!!!!!
Chris, you have taught me much, you are a very special and wonderful woman! Who by the way, I am making, a role model, in my life and my transition. You are also ,one of the most courageous woman, I have had the pleasure to meet. Thank you for teaching me Courage! Thank you for teaching me what womanhood is about. I am learning from many………………..God Bless every one at the Raven! You too Rob!
AND, IMPORTANTLY TO ALL THE LOVED ONES, PEOPLE WHO HAVE CALLED ME ON THE PHONE, ETC. WHO HAVE SUPPORTED ME, HAD FAITH IN ME, HAD COURAGE TO ACCEPT AND LEAD ME AS WELL AS LEARN FROM ME. TO ALL OF MY FRIENDS! AND TO MY FRIENDS AROUND THE WORLD WHO HAVE VISITED THE “CRYSTAL CONNECTION” :
I Curtsey to you !!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so very, very much !!
As some of my videos express! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Society will go on forever. We will not! NOW! is the time for all of us in the GLBT Community to stand up, applaud ourselves, unite, and be proud of who we are…………………………And scream at the TOP of our lungs- ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !!!!!!!!!
Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won’t either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness. Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could.
As the Great Amazing Jamie Lee said ” How dare you let me die ! Before you let me live! ”
NOW I MUST DO WHAT I DO BEST ON HERE…..LEAVE YOU WITH A VIDEO!
There was statement above that said: “now my mirror has turned to water, and it is time to swim. I have always had faith in you…………
THIS IS MY MIRROR – AND I AM SWIMMING,
IN FACT I AM SWIMMING MY ASS OFF……………………….!
MY CONVERSATION EVERY DAY
You’re my mirror
Everything I do I see in you
You’re my mirror
In your eyes I hide
You’re my mirror what you see is what you’re giving me
You’re my mirror
It’s in your eyes
Mistress of my own Destiny